Thursday, October 29, 2020

the musk seller in my life

We were just 16 when met each other in the school canteen ten years ago. Running together at the school field and scored medals for our sports team. Staying back after school, sitting at the Surau as you taught me Additional Mathematics. I still keep my Math book which you scribbled and doodled on it, giving me motivation to study more for the incoming SPM. We stayed together in the hostel during SPM days, we listened to each other's cries, pain and stories. Those were the days you became one of the most important person in my life. We graduated high school successfully, and you flew away to Jordan. 

We were physically apart for two years, yet nothing ever changed when we reunited.

I enjoyed being with you in Jordan. Roaming freely, living our youth in foreign land. Treat each other good food, drinking hot tea together during the winter programme by the hill. I remembered we making promises that we will stick on each other till our old days, drinking hot tea peacefully on the hilltop while walking down the memory lane of our youth. 



Today on 2020, as we turned a quarter decade old, I would want to appreciate your existence in my life.

 If I could describe you in one word, it is "Determined".

You are a girl full of determination in everything that you do; studying, working, drawing, planning your life, executing your business. You're always determined to be someone great in everything- from being a daughter, a sister, a friend, a colleague. 

For maybe I- after all these years by your side- have witnessed the universe offers you no other choices than being strong, determined and bold.

Sometimes you might feel like you have failed. You might feel that your effort were left unappreciated. Your exhaustion does not birth any good results. But I have never see you giving up on the most important things in your life. You rest, and let yourself grow. You always find the wisdom behind everything that happened.

They said, some people come to your life as blessings, some others as lessons. I'm pretty sure you were sent into my life as the former. You taught me to cherish my family especially my mother, you taught me to stay focus and disciplined even if I failed numerous times. You taught me that the meaning of life lies on how much we benefit to others on this planet Earth.

If our Prophet described a good friend as a musk seller whom we will get to buy the musk from (received good things), or enjoy its good smell, you are certainly that one friend whom represents that in my life. 

For that, thank you for being a good friend. 
Even if our face has wrinkles all over, you'll forever be my boo.


Kundang.
291020
615AM

No comments:

Hidup ini adalah keyakinan dan PERJUANGAN.. dan PERJUANGAN mukmin yg sejati tidak akan berhenti kecuali kedua tapak kakinya, TELAH MENGINJAK KE PINTU SYURGA...

-Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal-